I spent 20 minutes this afternoon sat with a local business owner in Yarmouth, a really nice guy with a nice niche business, and they do a fantastic job. It’s been going for 4 months now. I saw their van, thought I’d give them a try, and I’ll go back for sure.
In conversation he talked about all his printing and advertising costs, and I was quite taken aback at how much he was spending a month on print Advertisements alone. Having been working on a couple of Google AdWords campaigns all day juggling budgets a fraction of this, I thought I’d jot down my thoughts as to why you really should consider giving Google AdWords a go;
- Small Initial Investment – To start with Google AdWords you need only a tiny investment in comparison to other media. You can set the budget as low as £1 a day (although this might not be a useful amount), which can be altered at any time. You only pay when people click your advertisement, so assuming your ad is written correctly, they people who are directly interested in your product or service. No clicks, no payments
- Targeting – This is a major reason to use Google AdWords campaign. Geographic targeting can be to postcode level, or via dropped pin in map. It makes if very precise in advertising just to the Isle of Wight and surrounding areas
- Keywords – Keywords drive your ad campaign, and can be very specific, to the extreme of just having one. Tie this in with the geographic targeting above, you can target people from a location, searching specifically for your product or service.
- Test Marketing – Another really powerful concept in Google AdWords is the ability to set multiple advertisements per keyword west, so you can find out what works best for your target audience. Tie this in with the above targeting and keywords and you can create differently worded advertisements not only for keywords, but for locations too.
- Instant traffic – One of the most important reasons to use Google AdWords. Google AdWords bring instant gratification or traffic to one’s Web site. Google AdWords showcases relevant ads in relevant sites and also at the top of search pages, which increases the chances of clicks and visits, which later convert to business. Google AdWords brings instant traffic to a site, which would otherwise take a much longer time and require greater investment.
- Tracking – With Google AdWords, you can track your success and take effective measures when required. This allows you to decide on their future steps with regard to a certain keyword or marketing campaign.
However, and this is a big however … Just as any marketing campaign, make sure your Google AdWords campaign works from end to end. Make sure that the Ad is properly targeted, written correctly and has specific keywords. Most importantly, make sure the ad click leads to a well constructed landing page on your website that makes the conversion quick, simple and painless.
Lastly, don’t just set it up and forget abut it. Monitor it at least weekly, adjust it and keep it relevant. Use events, seasons, news or even the weather to keep it fresh!
If you would like any advice on setting up a Google AdWords campaign, please feel free to contact me